Thursday 16 February 2017

Surfing In Whananaki Personal Voice Writing

It was massive, I could see the great big blue wall coming at me.It was like a tsunami.
I was shaking in the water, and it wasn’t cold. I paddled as hard as I could. As it caught me I stood up on my board and went along the wave face.


This was great! I couldn’t believe how awesome this was. I smiled and relaxed.


I was riding along and then suddenly…  WHAM! I went under and couldn’t do or see anything, all I saw was black. “Am I dead?” I thought. I struggled and fought the sea and then I could breathe! I gasped and breathed in the salty sea air.
I was lying in knee deep water and I was alive!

I stood up and grabbed my surfboard. I stumbled up the beach and collapsed.



4 comments:

  1. Ethan, the personal voice you have included has such impact, I feel wet, bruised and exhausted as I read. This is not just a read, it's an experience!
    May I please copy this work to display in the library as an example of the - not good, but great writing we look for in a book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs Cameron

    Sure. I'm happy you enjoyed my writing

    Thanks, Ethan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ethan,
    I loved your post!!!! especially the part when in the story, your still clinging on to life. Honestly I think this is the best story I've read by a milestone. Next can you try to do a complete story.
    Thanks, Owen Online
    https://owenonlinep.edublogs.org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome writing Ethan i loved the part when it said WHAM! i went under Awesome personal voice.

    From Logan

    ReplyDelete